This course uses the theory that feelings and stories about other people are what encourages learners to actively engage in their language learning from the beginning. Material is introduced in a story telling form – with a scene-setting situation and listening text, accompanied by a picture dictionary to illustrate new vocabulary. Various forms are then used to expand on the subject in question including song, movement exercises, games and film excerpts to ensure that all types of learners are accounted for when practising new vocabulary, structures and phrases.
Menschen: Kursbuch A1.2 (with DVD-ROM)
Menschen Kursbuch A1.2 is a textbook for adults beginners and, together with Menschen Kursbuch A1.1, leads to level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
- Divided in 4 modules, each module containing 3 chapters
- Each chapter closes with writing practice and speaking exercises or a mini-project to round off the topic
- Four additional chapters offer supplementary resources including magazine style pages with supplementary reading texts, activities to accompany the film clips on the course DVD and songs
- The learner DVD-Rom offers audios, videos and extra exercises and activities for self-study
- A glossary is included at the end of the book